Windows Installer Can't Be Accessed

Aavonte

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
I recently bought a new keyboard, and went to install the program that changes the color ect. And when I went to run the installer I got this message

"The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you ware running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not currently installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

I looked this up and got a common solution of opening the command prompt with admin privileges and doing an sfc /scannow. This gave me the error message

"Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

Not knowing what to do from here, I just tried to reinstall windows while keeping all my personal information. Which then gave me another error message saying that "The Restart Could Not Be Completed." Or something around that range. Not exactly sure what I should do at this point. Can't install most things, any help would be appreciated!

If it has only happened in the last few days Aavonte, you should try to use windows backup and restore.

Any changes made to the system to cause the problem you are now having may be fixed by doing so.
When you open back up and restore, check out and read why the backup file was made and what software may of been installed that is causing the problem.

Any files or personal data made or stored after the date the restore point states will be wiped from your system.
So i recommend if they are personal such as pictures, or any kind of work such as Microsoft office documents that you back the files up before performing the restore point just to make sure you don`t loose them.

Aavonte

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
The thing about that it I've never been able to backup my computer, it just says "The last backup couldn't be completed". So I don't have a restore point. And I'm not able to restore to original windows