Blank Screen When Windows Starts

StreetKing

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017
So this started happening to me a month ago. Unfortunately, I cannot pinpoint what exactly caused it. I tried reinstalling my graphics driver and changing my monitor's power cord and VGA cable with old ones I had lying around.

There are four things to note here:
1- My setup for 2-3 years was the exact same as specified in the specs except that it was 8 GB of memory instead of 12, I only bought that last memory stick a few months ago but this issue started happening 3-4 weeks ago.
2- If I keep unplugging and plugging my VGA cable multiple times, the screen turns on again.
3- My VGA cable is connected to a VGA to DVI adapter then to my pc, I am not sure if this helps.
4- This issue doesn't happen every time, it only happens when I start my pc for the first time in a while. To explain this, if I start my pc now I will get this issue and I can bypass this problem by using the VGA cable trick, I can restart my pc any number of times and I will not receive this problem but if I leave my pc or monitor(to be exact) off for a couple of hours and then try to turn them on, this issue happens again.

Specs:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Memory: 12 GB DDR3
PSU: XFX XTR 650w

TRENDING THREADS