Monitor blackout while playing battlefield 4

MEL1315

Honorable
Mar 30, 2015
Day before yesterday I installed windows 8.1 on my pc. Yesterday i installed battlefield 4. Everything was working fine till this evening when all of a sudden my monitor went off but the cpu still running. I restarted my cpu and played for some more time and it happened again. When i restarted the pc again, i noticed that the LAN network was unavailable. Troubleshooting indicated that it was the driver issue. (Havent installed any driver except graphics driver. The network was automatically connected after the windows installation) Then i downloaded the driver on my laptop and as i connected usb to my pc, windows couldn't detect the usb as well! But internet and usb were working fine till this evening.
Before installing win 8.1, i had my cpu cooler replaced because the old one was overheating. Now the temperatures are good. I had to take the mobo out beore placing the cooler. Is the issue related to some loose pins or is there some other issue?
My pc specs-
CPU- core 2 quad q9400
GPU- asus silent gt 730 2gd3
RAM- 4gb
Mobo- gigabyte g41 combo
Cooler- deepcool gammaxx 300

Can someone please help me...

MEL1315

Honorable
Mar 30, 2015
I don't understand... now everything seems okay. As the windows started, network troubleshooting indicated that the driver was disabled (although i don't know how) and when it enabled automatically, the network was connected. Then i inserted the usb and it also worked!

@JackNaylorPE, like you said i installed the chipset driver but i cant install the LAN driver as i can only find atheros driver which shows an error during installation.

@R4lNM4N: i know the GPU isnt good. I play the game in medium settings and there seems to be only slight stuttering at times. But can it be responsible for these troubles?

Although the usb and LAN is okay now, i haven't tried BF4 again because all the trouble followed after playing the game. The monitor seems okay all this while. Is there any possibility that playing the game could induces such troubles?

But can it be responsible for these troubles?
Yes. I'm honestly surprised that video card would handle it on low settings. Sounds to me like you're over-taxing the card, it crashes, and the computer restarts itself. If you're not giving it a proper shutdown then, yes, it will eventually corrupt the system.

MEL1315

Honorable
Mar 30, 2015
Im sorry i didnt know that overtaxing the gpu could cause such troubles... I thought it was okay to play BF4 as there wasnt much stuttering..
But it isn't my whole pc that shuts down. Only the display goes blackout. So is it still because of the game?

OK well any BIG game like that - your video card is too weak for most any graphics-intensive game. GTA is going to tax the card pretty hard. BF4 is gonna over stress the card. Crysis will over stress the card. Fallout 4 will over stress the card. To fix the issue, you'll need to, at the very least, upgrade the video card.

Requirements for GTA IV

Requirements for BF4

Your system is not meeting the requirements. Sorry man.

MEL1315

Honorable
Mar 30, 2015
Oh come on.. I know the gpu isnt good. But I've played gta 4 for a long time. Ive played games like crysis 3, far cry 3, absolution, dirt 3, pes 17 as well. All these worked flawlessly in low-med graphics.
How can you relate the issue to games that used to work well?

MEL1315

Honorable
Mar 30, 2015
Actually, the issue now seems to be complicated as my monitor changes its colour to pink, green etc even when not gaming. The temps are not higher that 55°C when it occurs. Are all these related?