Blue Light Special: Rosewill RK-9300 Keyboard With Cherry MX Blue Or Brown Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

FritzEiv

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013

Thanks. I do appreciate the feedback, and I do listen. I do not decide the ad structure or mixture or type, but that doesn't absolve me; given my position as editor-in-chief, I do take on the role as "voice of the reader" and I do pass along these sentiments in constructive ways to our ad sales and ad operations team. In fact, they (along with the person in charge of video for our company) helped me remove & replace that video everyone's been complaining about. (But now you get to see the Cherry video for a bit. I'll try to have that changed in a week or so as well.)

Also, you may or may not have noticed that those little ads that pop up as you navigate the page (the ones where the text of our articles are underlined in green and are triggered by a mere mouse over) are now gone. That's actually very recent. Perhaps its disappearance has gone unnoticed (I haven't heard a single reader comment on it, but I suppose that's one of those things like a good IT department -- it's a good thing if you're not having to think about it), and maybe that's because like so many things we just get used to it.

As always, ads do pay the bills, and allow us to publish the amount & depth of content we do, with the experts we have on the team. It is a delicate balance, although seeing the Doom video for the 100th time in 3 weeks may not seem all that delicate . . .

lun471k

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

Thank you for passing the message inside your team (or the relevant team within the company). I have to say I didn't want to fill this article's comment section about off-topic content, but I'm really glad you took part in the conversation.
I, for one, saw that the links were gone in the articles and I can only be pleased by it (I tend to highlight stuff with my mouse when I read, and those links kept popping up...).

My ad blocker is configured to be selective on this website, so things like the background ads don't bother me when they're active, but those mighty 12 square ads all together at the bottom of articles bothered me a lot. Again, I want to thank you for passing the word.

Also take a second to tell the whole writing and editing team how the articles quality are pretty much the best there is right now for IT enthusiasts. Keep up the great work and original content, guys !

daddywalter

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
When it comes to keyboards, I'm a typist rather than a gamer. This Rosewill keyboard might be just right for my purposes with only a couple of changes. Most obvious would be white LEDs instead of blue. Second would be a detachable/replaceable cable using a standard (full-size) USB Type B connector instead of the more easily damaged micro-USB connectors found on some other mechanical keyboards. It will be interesting to see how users rate it for durability and ergonomics after a few months using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.