Can I take my desktop computer on a flight?

GioRgSaVv

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
I don't know if this is the correct topic and I don't know if there is any other site which would help me with that.

So, can I take my desktop computer on a plane? I'm planning to travel from Greece to Germany and I want to take all my computer parts on the luggage, except the case.
Luggage must be less than 23kg and my pc case weights 8.5kg so I won't take that, I will just buy a temporary new from Germany for 15-20€.

I read some sites on the internet which say that is okay to bring computer parts on the plane, but when I called the airline company(aegean) they said that all the pc parts must have the "ok" from the manufacturer, the only part that does not have to be checked is the hard drive, I can take my hard drive for sure, they said, but the rest of the computer is not for sure.
I will have to know what parts of my computer are "ok" for travel.

How can I check if my computer parts are okay for the flight?

Solution
Maybe, we had to pay a fee when trying to export some expensive electronics from the US to Mexico. It may not be the case as I believe you are travelling within the EU. It's something to look into though, just in case.
Most of it should be fine. There might be some issues with customs payments. Since there aren't any batteries it should be safer than a laptop to transport. My only advice is to make sure it's well packed and easy to inspect as it's unlikely to fit as a carry-on.

GioRgSaVv

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Can I ask you what do you mean "customs payments"? I will have to pay extra in order to bring my computer parts with me?

Maybe, we had to pay a fee when trying to export some expensive electronics from the US to Mexico. It may not be the case as I believe you are travelling within the EU. It's something to look into though, just in case.

Solution