How do I get a different view of storage?

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I switched to windows 10 over the holidays. I'm running into issues trying to organize data because I don't like the view in 10. I can't seem to really see folders or drag and drop data the way I want to. It seems as though when I open a drive, it opens some of the folders. I hate that clicking twice opens the folder up twice as well. Is there a way to look at what is on my drives the way I'm used to from previous versions?

Thanks.

Solution

Next key across :)

Win + E

They 2 different views as they 2 different things. One is file explorer like USAFRet says and the other is settings/system/storage + click on drive. They both exist :)

To see drives in file explorer you will need to click on This PC in the tree to get it to show the drives in right panel

Colif

Win 11 Master

Next key across :)

Win + E

They 2 different views as they 2 different things. One is file explorer like USAFRet says and the other is settings/system/storage + click on drive. They both exist :)

To see drives in file explorer you will need to click on This PC in the tree to get it to show the drives in right panel

Solution