Reboot and select proper boot device on startup

Nikolai_2289

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017
The screen will show "Reboot and Select proper Boot device", so i will reload and go into the bios change nothing and exit, and the OS will load fine. This is my first build and i have 2 identical SSD, one for the OS and one for games as well as a 5TB HDD. Cables are all tight and have never been switched. Is there any idea how i can fix this little hiccup in the load of the tower.

~Nikolai

Solution
Hello... 1) Typically you want the OS ssd/hd to be plugged into your First Sata port on the MB... this port will be called SATA0 or SATA1... and the MB BIO's will "Default" to search there, for "Bootable" media.
2) You can change the "search" BOOT order manually too in the BIO's (save&exit)
3) Sometimes you need to reduce the "BOOT Speed" in the Motherboard BIO's too, to give it time to complete the search. (save&exit)
4) Leaving USB sticks or CD/DVD media in a Computer, can cause this problem too... due to the BIO's "Default" Boot order.
Hello... 1) Typically you want the OS ssd/hd to be plugged into your First Sata port on the MB... this port will be called SATA0 or SATA1... and the MB BIO's will "Default" to search there, for "Bootable" media.
2) You can change the "search" BOOT order manually too in the BIO's (save&exit)
3) Sometimes you need to reduce the "BOOT Speed" in the Motherboard BIO's too, to give it time to complete the search. (save&exit)
4) Leaving USB sticks or CD/DVD media in a Computer, can cause this problem too... due to the BIO's "Default" Boot order.

Solution

Nikolai_2289

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017

Ironsounds,
Thank you, although it may seem trivial, this was driving me insane. As you stated in the bios the boot options were all scrambled. thanks again.
~Nikolai