Windows 10 No User And Password Prompt

rubyx

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016
Hello!

I'm having a problem Wiith windows 10. Everytime when I boot it, it gets stuck at login screen where the only icons that appears are the only 3 icons on the bottom right corner. No user and password prompt. It's not really a big problem since restarting the pc solves it temporarily. But it can get annoying at times where you are in a rush and this issue is still there.

Is anyone also experiencing this? I hope you can help me.

I have build 1607 version 14393.693 if that helps

Solution
Did you try to auto login advice the other person offered? it will bypass this problem but can lead to others.

Startup repair appears to be only way to fix the login process. Sometimes it helps to run it a few times but not if it keeps getting same message

Win 10 users seem to have way more problems than previous ones, I never had to remake a user or reset windows to login before.

Colif

Win 11 Master
lets see if start up repair fixes it
on the 1st screen where you hit space bar, click the power button
while holding the shift key down, click the restart option
this loads advanced start up
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

another option is running system file checker & dism once in windows
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its complete, copy paste this into the same window - it needs to be exact:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter

SFC cleans and fixes system files, DISM cleans the image that SFC uses to clean files, so if SFC had files it couldn't fix before, re run it again and restart PC

Mazens

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
I also have the same issue with a windows 10 tablet. I googled a lot and couldn't find any fix on the net, I have to enable automatic login to skip the login screen:
http://www.top-password.com/blog/enable-disable-automatic-login-in-windows-10/

This is a temporary fix and we have to wait for a new fix from Microsoft in future.

Colif

Win 11 Master

that fix is fine until unless your user login system decides to skip your login details and go to desktop as a guest account. I had that happen and its main reason I use a local account now and never set up netplwiz again to auto login. It might be slower but it doesn't do that trick again.

Mazens

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017

You can use netplwiz to configure Windows to automatically log into your desired admin account, not the guest account. Every time you turn on your computer, the system will automatically check the login credentials saved by netplwiz. Once validated, it lets you log into the desktop automatically.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I had netplwiz set to auto log my account in. For a long time this worked fine, but something broke and instead of logging me in auto it was skipping my account details and loading me in as a guest. Only easy way to fix it was to turn off auto login so i could enter my password.

rubyx

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016

I already did that system file checker solution before but it detected no problems at all.
the startup repair however detected something but unable to fix it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you try to auto login advice the other person offered? it will bypass this problem but can lead to others.

Startup repair appears to be only way to fix the login process. Sometimes it helps to run it a few times but not if it keeps getting same message

Win 10 users seem to have way more problems than previous ones, I never had to remake a user or reset windows to login before.

Solution