Can anyone please look at these BSOD mindump files?

Update whatever this belongs to fltsrv.sys it's 4 yrs old. Some Acronis program. Or uninstall it

This belongs to an Acronis program too. It's 6 yrs old update it afcdp.sys

Malwarebytes maybe causing a crash too. If it's V3

e1i63x64.sys is crashing your Intel LAN drivers

Since ntfs.sys is crashing this driver maybe doing something wdcsam64.sys if you're using a WD external hdd

See if there are any updates for it

adrencg

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
Thanks for looking guys. I looked at the dump files in windbg and many of them say "memory_corruption". Now you say there's some driver problems, but could that be linked to memory corruption? Will definitely look at those drivers you mentioned.

I tested the two sticks I have installed for 13 hours and no errors.

Another thing I noticed during troubleshooting yesterday is that I never installed the Intel Chipset driver, and rectified that.

adrencg

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
Thanks for the help, but nothing has worked yet (more crashes) and I'm finished messing with this OS. I need to get some work done so I'm wiping everything and re-installing Windows seven today.

If it crashes again with seven installed, I'll know its the hardware and will buy all new gear -- but I would have to be an idiot to keep Windows 10 when I read all of the threads here of people with similar problems. It's scary, and I won't be touching this OS again until it's completely refined.

I doubt its the hardware because in 20 years of building my own systems I've never had new equipment be bad right out of the gate. I tend to think it's Windows 10.

My theory is that however I have configured my computer -- with the combination of hardware and software I've chosen -- Windows 10 does not like it, and will never like it. If my theory is correct, then Window 7 will have no problems, because like I said before I NEVER had a BSOD with 7, and I don't expect it to happen.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would be more inclined to clean install win 10 as if you just upgraded it before, it could be old win 7 drivers causing the error

download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when asked about licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will install and reactivate

If PC was a upgrade from win 7 and PC itself is fairly new, there is a chance win 10 will want you to wipe entire drive and leave unallocated space only before it will install

adrencg

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
I have the Gigabyte g1 gaming ultra and yes, it does have drivers for every version of Windows. A good reason to go back to Windows 7 would be that I never experienced a blue screen in 6 years of use, and I've already had about 50 in a couple months of Windows 10 -- then there's all the other people on this forum talking about their nightmares with having a stable computer.

Like I said earlier, I would have to be an idiot to keep going with this OS. All evidence points to "it ain't gonna work for me". I know it works for many people, but I'm one of the unlucky ones.

I shouldn't have to be a detective to make my stupid brand new computer work properly.

adrencg

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017

I'm posting this message from Win 7 :)

I'll dig up this thread in a month or two and let you guys know if I'm still getting rampant blue screening. If I am, then I'll be happy to vindicate Windows 10 and blame my hardware.

If I'm having a smooth experience with no crashes, then Windows 10 officially sucks.

adrencg

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
I didn't need a month apparently.

I had my first Windows 7 Memory Management crash today. Now I need to decide if I'm going to buy new RAM or a new motherboard.

adrencg

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
I've tested the ram over and over already with no errors.

Whocrashed says ntoskrnl.exe...but here's the thing. If I get BSOD's in Windows 10 and then install Windows 7 and get BSOD -- -wouldn't it stand to reason that it's NOT the software causing the problem? Wouldn't basic troubleshooting logic express that answer, given my history of Windows 7 never once crashing in over 5 years?

The common denominator in this situation is hardware. For it to be a driver problem, that would be an amazing coincidence given we're talking about 2 different OS, wouldn't it?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Okay, fair enough. Motherboard/CPU are the two hardest things to test so normally look everywhere else first. CPU benchmarks exist but figuring out if its the motherboard is a process of elimination in most cases, you make sure everything else works

I can't read dumps so I don't know what errors you were getting on win 10, indications from Pauls advice is it was mostly driver errors or did you get memory management ones back then too?

if you show who crashed report, the codes might help me narrow down cause.

adrencg

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
Here's the latest...

On Tue 2/14/2017 9:39:56 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Users\Public\Minidump\021417-20451-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x70400)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA8024A7F7F0, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
0x41790: A page table page has been corrupted. On a 64 bit version of Windows, parameter 2 contains the address of the PFN for the corrupted page table page. On a 32 bit version of Windows, parameter 2 contains a pointer to the number of used PTEs, and parameter 3 contains the number of used PTEs.

A page table is the data structure used by a virtual memory system in a computer operating system to store the mapping between virtual addresses and physical addresses. Virtual addresses are used by the accessing process, while physical addresses are used by the hardware, or more specifically, by the RAM subsystem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_table

looking around, most of these are caused by ram

Hi zy_18, I experienced a similar problem with a customers new desktop. Ran MemTest86+ test for 5hrs which didn't return a fault ?? Not unusual ! However the BSOD was pointing to a memory fault. So I returned it to the store under warranty with my notes, not once but 3 times. It was frustrating, but I had no doubt it was the memory chip or chips causing the BSOD.

The store tech finally accepted my diagnosis that is was a memory fault & swapped the DDR3 chips for a new set & problem solved. It could have also been a MOBO track or Mem socket fault, but in my case it was a chip problem.

Don't mess with it. If it's under warranty, don't void your warranty by opening it or breaking the stores seals. take it back to the store.

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/156979-New-PC-randomly-restarts-with-Memory-Management-message-on-BSOD

It could be the sticks, even though you tested them, or it could be the motherboard. I would get a second opinion before returning either (need someone with spares, a repair shop would be where I would go). Sorry I can't be 100% sure.

adrencg

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017

The majority of the bsod were memory corruption. But I have no way of knowing if it's the sticks or the slots. I tried using the ram additively to test slots but my results were inconclusive. I'm testing the ram again and just taking a step back for a day before I rip it apart in anger and but all new gear.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i would either get new ram and see if that is enough to fix it. cheaper than buying all new right away. or rma the old ram and wait for it to be returned (I don't know the prices of ram so price would determine action)

if you testing 1 stick at a time, and leave it going for 8 or more test runs, it might reveal the problem for you.

adrencg

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
Thanks for all the input guys. Here's the latest whocrashed report. This one is saying its a driver issue but I'm still inclined to believe this is a hardware problem.

On Tue 2/14/2017 1:08:41 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Users\Public\Minidump\021417-22744-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x70400)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8000351798B, 0xFFFFF8800CCB5D30, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I don't think I'm going to be buying 128GB of ram just to troubleshoot, and I can't RMa what I have because the packaging is long gone, as well as the motherboard packaging. Going to go back to 1 stick again and test rigorously.

By the way, all of the crashes seem to occur when not much heavy lifting is going on. I can render a 3d animation overnight and nothing crashes. But if the computer is idle, or I'm clicking on something on a web page, or dragging a windows across monitors -- just simple stuff -- that's when I get a crash usually.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You now wandering into territory I know nothing about - I try to stay away from things I don't know about. You probably know more about it than me. I would search your ram type and motherboard model and see what you find

brief search shows its possible cause.

I just noticed you said it was memory management errors in your 2nd post.. i wish i had looked at that before i asked a while ago. Sorry about that :)

what specs are PC? i didn't think you had 128gb oif ram installed, I assumed you had something like 16gb

adrencg

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
I guess I could go to Microcenter, buy all new RAM and keep it if I find that it works error free for a couple of weeks. Or I could return it if I get another crash.

The thing is, I have to fill all the slots if I'm going to buy new RAM so all slots can be tested. The RAM I have is on the approved list for my motherboard, but I just noticed something about the lists Gigabyte has posted that I didn't see before. They only have lists for Haswell and Broadwell -- not Skylake, which is my CPU.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Wait and see if someone who knows how to do voltages shows up and see if they have a better idea. I didn't know you were running that much ram or I wouldn't have suggested you buy more :)

i can't see any reference to haswell or broadwell on the pdf showing ram modules, and the CPU chart shows kabylake & skylake there. I have been awake all night so could be going blind.

You only have 64gb installed right? motherboard can't run 128gb

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Do you have the latest bios "F21" from "2016-12-13" for this? It says this "Improve XMP Compatibility" ,which is memory related.
Did you enable XMP?

Maybe good to post all specs? Can do it this easy way,

download hwinfo32,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "short text report",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons