Hyundai Elantra 07 stereo wiring diagram

soldat654

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Hi, i would like to know if anybody have the diagram for a 2007 Hyundai Elantra (canadian model) because i tried to install my sony stereo but iy doesnt power ON. I tried to connect the correct wire but in lack of a proper digram for the color code its doesnt work. Thanks!

soldat654

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Yes i did..all of them are wrong..my OEM radio was never taken off and beside the Ground(Black) none of these color are true..like i have 3 Pink wire..none of these diagram shows 3 pink wire..thats what i said..i cant find a diagram of mine..

If Canada dealers are like most American ones, then they would either direct him to the 2017 elantras' or tell him it will cost $700 to wire in a new radio; then again there is the whole extra-friendly canadian sterotype.

Why did you not buy a wiring harness adapter?
Not just for simplicity of instal but for not completley hacking up the stock wiring harness I highly recommed using them.
Most of the adapters even having lilttle wiring diagrams on them.

From what I see online only 1 harness has the necessary connections for an aftermarket radio.
You mean to tell me that that 1 wiring harness has 3 pink wires?

soldat654

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Yes the oroginal harness of my 07 elantra have 3 pink wire..never saw that before lol, 2 pink and 1 pink and black. And i have 2 time Blue&Red twisted together...i suppose there are speaker wire (+ & -).

Like I said, do the job right and get a wiring harness for your car instead of hacking up the factory one. Harness should have diagram code and makes soldering to radio harness 20x easier

soldat654

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
I do have a harness for my sony..which have the name of all place on it(constant 12v+, right front speaker etc..) but its not the same as my elantra built in wire..i will ask at a garage how much it will cost..

They sell adapter that plugs into factory harness and then wire the one from your Sony radio to that. This way you are not cutting factory wiring and you dont have to solder/crimp all cramped up inside car