Windows 10 failing to install on my new PC

steveyB

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017
I've built a pc today and began to run through the steps in order to download windows 10. I am trying to install the OS using a usb with the windows installation tool. I complete the install of the OS however when the system re boots it gives me a error message which says "windows could not complete the installation. to install windows on this computer restart the instillation". I have tried to do click ok and shift f10 however the mouse and keyboard become unresponsive during the error message. Im not sure if it is an issue with the usb or the windows instillation tool on the usb or if it is a hard ware issue. Ill post my specs at the bottom of the post to see if one of the parts has a common problem with this but if someone could help me out id be very grateful.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI H110M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Graphics card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1 Gaming Video Card
Power supply:Antec 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Hello steveyB

It is unlikely that the issue is related to hardware.

A few things you may want to check:

> You have Obtained the Windows 10 Installation USB from a Reliable Source or Created It Using the Correct Method.

> You have followed the Correct Process to Install Windows 10.

If both the above points are correct, you may try using a different tool to create Windows 10 bootable USB such as UltraISO (paid program) or Rufus (free software).

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

steveyB

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017
Hey Ive solved they issue, I had to call Microsoft and they helped me to re format the SSD. Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys :)

Solution