Can GTX 1070 HANDLE 2 1080p 144hz MONITORS AT THE SAME TIME?

zildjianz24

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017
I just bought a 144hz 1080p monitor for my gaming pc and was wanting to buy another one. I was wondering if the 1070 would be able to handle two monitors. If so would it be able to handle 3 for in the future??

Yeah without a problem at all.
Even for gaming with three monitors it would be fine.
Three monitors is more of a POV thing - the overall load increase isn't all that much.

And when you're not gaming on the extra monitors they add almost zero load.

Geekwad

Admirable

One, two or three.....you'll be able to find a very playable setting, but you'll need realistic expectations as you add more monitors. High frame-rate minimums (say 75fps+) with all details turned to max, even at 5760x1080p, is a very tall order for a single GTX 1070. It's all dependent on the game though......

zildjianz24

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017

I will clarify. I would use strictly one monitor for gaming and use the other 1 or 2 would be used for other purposes

bignastyid

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from zildjianz24 : "GTX 1070 Can handle 2 1080p 144hz monitors"

This is really incorrect. Adding two monitors to the side does not triple the load. It doesn't even double it. It doesn't even increase by 50%.

Does zooming out in a game cause increased lag? Sure a tiny bit - more on the screen.

It's about the same with surround/eyefinity.

It's honestly a very small load increase.

You'd understand why and everything if you'd ever used one. All it does is stretch out along the sides.