Custom Built Computer BSOD on Startup

ContentiousOverhaul

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017
Around two days ago, I build my friend a gaming rig to replace his old OEM Lenovo. The only issue is that on startup, the PC bluescreens with an error on the AODDriver2.sys file. I know it's an issue with the GPU, the only AMD part of the build, but what do I do? I can't boot up in safe mode, it just bsods.

Solution
So did you try to boot off the installer and get to safe mode that way?

boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this PC, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options - this may not be here which is a pain
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

Does friends PC have 1 hdd or two? does he have all his data on C drive? if so, can use this to save any of it: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

Since PC is only 2 days old fastest fix might be a reset
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose...

Colif

Win 11 Master
So did you try to boot off the installer and get to safe mode that way?

boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this PC, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options - this may not be here which is a pain
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

Does friends PC have 1 hdd or two? does he have all his data on C drive? if so, can use this to save any of it: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

Since PC is only 2 days old fastest fix might be a reset
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose reset this PC - both choices just effect C drive, one keeps files( library folders) and settings, and the other wipes C drive
PC restarts and re installs win 10

Solution