Lost administrator privileges

AMKANMBA

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
Hi all!,
I've had this laptop with windows 10 installed. Bought it last year, have always used genuine software. Recently my nephew tried to install a video game from his USB while I was sitting next to him. The game didn't install, rather a plethora of apps did. Must have been like 10-15 of them. I tried stopping each program from installing but still ended up with plenty. Chrome was no longer my default browser. A boatload of apps kept opening up. I uninstalled each program, either from the control panel or ending a process and deleting all the files in it's containing folder. I ran a registry cleaner after that. Once I was done with this there were still problems I was facing.

1) Windows defender was disabled (It had detected malware when my nephew started installing his video game)
2) I had lost administrative privileges.

If I try opening windows defender it says: "This app is turned off by group policy" with the subheading: "To allow this app to run, contact your security administrator to enable the program via group policy". Even if I open it directly from the path or as administrator I get the same message.
Opening regedit gives an error message saying: "The extended attributes are inconsistent".
I've tried searching a lot for this fix but to no avail. I've noticed that the files in the windows folder have 3 extra users with permissions. ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES, ALL RESTRICTED APPLICATION PACKAGES and TrustedInstaller. Only TrustedInstaller has full control whreas all others including me and admin have their permissions limited to read & execute. I would be immensely grateful to anyone who might be able to solve my problem.
Thanks in advance. :)

Solution
Revert to an earlier Restore Point.
Or wipe and reinstall everything from scratch.

Given that the 'game' installed all sorts of malicious stuff, it would be near impossible to "fix", and definitively tell that 'everything' was gone.

USAFRet

Titan
Revert to an earlier Restore Point.
Or wipe and reinstall everything from scratch.

Given that the 'game' installed all sorts of malicious stuff, it would be near impossible to "fix", and definitively tell that 'everything' was gone.

Solution