Backup system drive to an image and then restore to new disk

mariosx

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
Hello

I have Windows 10 installed to an SSD Raid 0 and I have decided to break the Raid and use the 2nd SSD to another build.

Before breaking it up, I want to have a complete system backup with Windows installation to an external drive/image, break the raid and restore Windows to a single SSD drive because I do not want to reinstall Windows from scratch.

In an different system I used EASEUS Todo Backup for moving/cloning Windows from an HDD to an SSD and it was much easier because I had both disks connected and the SSD was empty.

Can somebody help?

Solution
acronis or clonezilla should handle well your raid i think but never used them with a raid so you might need to experiment first

take the image, and then try to restore that same image on a test disk, to see if the image works

acronis is not free, clonezilla is completelly free but is a bit more complicated to use, not much really if you like old console or D.O.S. programs but is very powerful and almost as fast as acronis, acronis has a nice gui and is very friendly with uefi bios, clonezilla is friendly but not as friendly as acronis

both tools will generate a sor of compressed file, containing the entire filestructure, all you need to do is run acronis or clonezilla to convert the compressed file into a booting partition on the...

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
acronis or clonezilla should handle well your raid i think but never used them with a raid so you might need to experiment first

take the image, and then try to restore that same image on a test disk, to see if the image works

acronis is not free, clonezilla is completelly free but is a bit more complicated to use, not much really if you like old console or D.O.S. programs but is very powerful and almost as fast as acronis, acronis has a nice gui and is very friendly with uefi bios, clonezilla is friendly but not as friendly as acronis

both tools will generate a sor of compressed file, containing the entire filestructure, all you need to do is run acronis or clonezilla to convert the compressed file into a booting partition on the hard disk of your target

the problem you might experience is the size of the partition, as i said, you need to do a couple tersts before jumping into one tool

about easeus, i never used it, it is a paid tool and it seems to be meant for file recovery, so no idea about it

Solution