New PC buld, no signal from speaker, black screen

Knewbee

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
Hello guys!

Sorry in advance for bad english.

OK, here we go. I've bought a new hardware (MoBo - GA-Z170X, GPU - Geforce GTX 1070, CPU i5 7600K, 2x8gb DDR4 RAM) and build a new PC with it (with my old HDD, SSD and 700W PSU). I have checked all the cables and connections (i have done all checklist also), but i have no signal from speaker when i start my PC and my monitor in the sleep mode all the time. Speaker is working because on my first attempt on start this PC a have got 5 long beeps (my RAM was not in the right slots). Also, my monitor is pretty old and have also VGA input, so i use an adapter VGA-Displayport to connect it to GPU.

So here are my questions:
1) What could be the reason of having nothing on my monitor (can it be adapter?)?

2) Could it be OK if my speaker keep silence, when i start my PC? If it is adapter problem, can i be sure that everyting normal with the other components?

3) Is 700W PSU OK with this spec?

Thanks in advance for your help!

_____
Max

Solution

Well, I see 2 solutions :
-Buy or get an old old cheap skylake pentium, then turn on your PC, update your BIOS and put back your kaby lake processor,
-Change your motherboard to a Z270-based motherboard (best solution).

antoine21839

Respectable
Jan 4, 2017

Z170 with Kaby Lake, that's your problem. You need to update your BIOS.
Your motherboard is a terrible choice. Kaby lake processors are optimised for Z270/H270 motherboard. You are going to get lower performances than expected.

antoine21839

Respectable
Jan 4, 2017

Well, I see 2 solutions :
-Buy or get an old old cheap skylake pentium, then turn on your PC, update your BIOS and put back your kaby lake processor,
-Change your motherboard to a Z270-based motherboard (best solution).

Solution