Car amp problem

Saky_x1

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015
Hello,
today I started an instalation of car amplifier and subwoofer in my BMW E39 530D, 1999. It has an original BMW Business tape stereo. I connected amplifier to my rear speaker, remote wire to rear lights. The problem is, when I turn on the stereo, there is no sound at all from any speaker, but when I unplug the cinches from rear speaker to amp, and plug it back everything works fine. And any time I want to turn the sound on I have to do that, every time after the stereo turns off and on.
I'm using Mac audio 2100 amp.
I connected the remote wire to car battery's + and nothing changed.

Solution
What do the amplifier's installation instructions say with regard to a power connection?

Electrically connecting into the car lights does not seem like something that should be done or even recommended.

Imagine driving at night, turning on the stereo, blowing the fuse - no lights.

If the recommended electrical connection does not work try again after re-doing your connections. Replace the wire if necessary - make sure that the wire is also as specified by the installation instructions.

Perhaps some automobile audiophile will be able to post additional comment and suggestions. Fine with me.

Bottom line (for me anyway) is that the amplifier power should not be dependent on the car lights being on.

Ralston18

Titan
Going to play devil's advocate here as I really and truly do not understand.

What is the purpose of both "remote wire" and connecting the "remote wire to rear lights"?

Does turning the rear lights on or off have any effect?

Do you have a schematic?

Think about what you would need to do to make that happen - reverse engineer it....

Ralston18

Titan
What do the amplifier's installation instructions say with regard to a power connection?

Electrically connecting into the car lights does not seem like something that should be done or even recommended.

Imagine driving at night, turning on the stereo, blowing the fuse - no lights.

If the recommended electrical connection does not work try again after re-doing your connections. Replace the wire if necessary - make sure that the wire is also as specified by the installation instructions.

Perhaps some automobile audiophile will be able to post additional comment and suggestions. Fine with me.

Bottom line (for me anyway) is that the amplifier power should not be dependent on the car lights being on.

Solution