Computer Freezes very randomly

kickface2

Honorable
May 21, 2013
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VPRk8K
Hey guys, I recently took on a little venture of trying out used parts. I wanted to build a decent computer using used parts I could find mostly on the hardwareswap reddit, So i just got it all together a few hours ago and have been having a lot of trouble.

First had a problem when I went to install windows 10 via USB boot drive. The computer completely froze just as the installation was finishing up. Had to reformat the hard drive and just redo it. Than much sooner into the installation this time it froze again. I though it may be a temperature issue so I took my large room fan and aimed it at my computer to hopefully get it through the installation of windows so I could than monitor my temps better and it worked.

My temps for the cpu was around 24 Celsius and gpu was around 40 Celsius both on idle without my large room fan being pointed at my computer

Whilst having the fan on the computer I felt like I didn't have any freezes but after I took it away I would freeze some time after. However when I was monitoring the temps without the fan it went nearly and hour before freezing

I have passed a memory test and hdd test. I have no idea what is wrong. Any help is appreciated.

kickface2

Honorable
May 21, 2013
The heatsink, case and PSU fans all stay on. Only thing that seems to turn off are the leds on my keyboard and mouse. The gpu fans never come on i'm guessing because they don't need to unless under a load. (they rotate on startup than stop so I know they at least work)

I also only have fan inside the case which is the 200m in the front, but again like I said I dont see any tempurature issues, at least non that I can see.

TRENDING THREADS