how to find out if official windows retailer

trollol1365

Reputable
Jan 7, 2017
I am going to build a pc and I am planning on installing windows 10 on it. I was browsing through the store where i am planning to buz it onlz to see that windows 1o was cheaper on that store than in the microsoft store, I know people have been ripped off like this so how do Ii find out if the store is an official retailer and also if I install windows 10 (it seems that they are selling the discs)in german can i then change it to english
p.s this is the store http://
p.p.s this is the specific page http://

Solution
Other than Microsoft, there are no "Official Microsoft retailers" - For instance, Newegg sells good products, I have purchased many Windows OS from them without any issues. However, Newegg is not an "official" Microsoft retailer. Very reputable but there is no "official" status.

Check user feedback before you buy from any store.
Other than Microsoft, there are no "Official Microsoft retailers" - For instance, Newegg sells good products, I have purchased many Windows OS from them without any issues. However, Newegg is not an "official" Microsoft retailer. Very reputable but there is no "official" status.

Check user feedback before you buy from any store.

Solution
Yes, as Phillip says, Amazon too is fine. I buy from Newegg as well as Amazon. Amazon has much more products; my most recent purchase 3 weeks ago was a set of Akebono brake pads for my car. The job went smoothly.

Amazon has their own credit card through Chase bank that offers a 3% discount on Amazon purchaes. Plus I got a $50 credit just for signing up. You may want to consider this free, no annual fee card, and get your Windows for even less than the advertised price.

Avoid eBay and Craig's List.

Regarding Amazon, I must add that there are a myriad of individual sellers with varying reputations. I try to stick with the "Amazon Prime sellers". The prices for Windows is slightly higher than prices at Newegg. Also, look into shipping costs. I went through a learning curve before I got comfortable with buying at Amazon.