brand new pc wont boot due to bad drivers?

Jake1781

Reputable
Dec 3, 2016
i have recently built a new pc and i am getting constant freezes and blue screens when trying to boot and install windows onto a brand new hard drive i have tested all the parts that are the usual supects such as ram psu hdd etc.. The errors i get point to the drivers being the problem im running an asus h110m-k mobo and have updated the bios through ezupdate but still getting the problems, does anyone have a thought on what i could do next to try and fix this, please bare in mind i cant get past bios or freedos due to no os and no way to boot due to the bluescreens. i can make bootable usb's will updates such as mobo hotfixes fix this problem? and can they be done through the bios or dos? all help is greatly appreciated!!

Solution
Try again if you get to the setup screen, delete all partitions first then install windows\

If]http://rufus.akeo.ie/]If you've still got the ISO get rufus[/url]

Put the flash drive in, run it. Change it to GPT partition, add the ISO wait for it to finish after you click on start

It'll format the flash drive.

Enable AHCI, secureboot, and UEFI in the BIOS first. If youre installing 64 bit

Jake1781

Reputable
Dec 3, 2016

It wouldn't work before the update so clearing the CMOS surely won't help?

Jake1781

Reputable
Dec 3, 2016

Cpu is an intel core i3 6100
And the hdd is a wd caviar blue 1TB

Jake1781

Reputable
Dec 3, 2016

I've tried both install cd and USB, an official install disk and a bootable USB made with the windows media creation tool for windows 10

There are 3 errors I get,
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP
and
DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION

Try again if you get to the setup screen, delete all partitions first then install windows\

If]http://rufus.akeo.ie/]If you've still got the ISO get rufus[/url]

Put the flash drive in, run it. Change it to GPT partition, add the ISO wait for it to finish after you click on start

It'll format the flash drive.

Enable AHCI, secureboot, and UEFI in the BIOS first. If youre installing 64 bit

Solution