RED PIXELS all over screen

Tasos_1986

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017
Hello, Please guys help me because i really dont know whats happening.

Yesterday i was playing GTA V, when suddenly i started seeing some red lines and dots on my screen. i thought, omg my GPU is dead. a brand new ASUS ROG RX480 STRIX 8GB OC, Bought a month ago. But its not that.

Here is what i tried.
1. Replaced my GPU with my older R7 370, and red dots were still there.
2. Opened the case, took out rams, took out GPU for a few minutes, then i put them back in, nothing happened.
3. Then i thought its probably some cable, the HDMI. So i replaced the HDMI with a brand New DP, nothing happened!

I tried to take a screenshot to show you, but it seems that its a monitor problem, because at the screenshot the problem cant be shown. BUT, when i change the Hrtz of the monitor, the problem is gone! At 75hrtz looks really bad. at 50 its ok. Is my monitor burned? thanks!

Solution
when i change the Hrtz of the monitor, the problem is gone! At 75hrtz looks really bad. at 50 its ok. Is my monitor burned? thanks!
Do you oc your monitor? Don't do that. Just set it 60hz, not all the monitor can be oced. If you really want to try, go to 65hz or 70hz. Keep in mind you can ruin your monitor.
when i change the Hrtz of the monitor, the problem is gone! At 75hrtz looks really bad. at 50 its ok. Is my monitor burned? thanks!
Do you oc your monitor? Don't do that. Just set it 60hz, not all the monitor can be oced. If you really want to try, go to 65hz or 70hz. Keep in mind you can ruin your monitor.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS