Are store display models the same as the one available for purchase?

ryandward

Honorable
Jun 6, 2014
Yesterday I rushed to BestBuy to pick up the newest Chromebook Plus by Samsung, and the clerk told me the only one in the store was going to be a display model and was marked on the box as such. After chatting for a while, he decide to sell it to me instead.

There seem to be a few big flaws with the one I bought, like the rubber around the screen is not placed on properly and there are some bumpy edges that make it seem like a middle school project.

My question is this, are the display models the same as the ones they sell to customers, or are they somehow flawed?

Solution
Display models are just that as far as I'm concerned. Products which have been removed from their packaging and placed on display for customers to see and possibly even test. It wouldn't surprise me if a display model has some flaws due to the very nature of its purpose. From where I am, stores often note certain imperfections of display models, so you're buying what you see.

Due to personal experience, it's also why I wouldn't buy something like an ex-display laptop as it's also likely it has been left to constantly charge and somewhat exhausted the battery.

If it bothers you, you could go back to the store. Though I would guess it depends on the store's policy on such items.
Display models are just that as far as I'm concerned. Products which have been removed from their packaging and placed on display for customers to see and possibly even test. It wouldn't surprise me if a display model has some flaws due to the very nature of its purpose. From where I am, stores often note certain imperfections of display models, so you're buying what you see.

Due to personal experience, it's also why I wouldn't buy something like an ex-display laptop as it's also likely it has been left to constantly charge and somewhat exhausted the battery.

If it bothers you, you could go back to the store. Though I would guess it depends on the store's policy on such items.

Solution