New PC > I activated Win 10 > 2 wks ltr Motherboard just died > Denied activation on replacement board.

moulderhere

Distinguished
Firstly, this is a legal OEM copy of Windows 10 (came with CD and key sticker). I bought a new computer, used it for about 2 weeks, then the motherboard died.

I got a replacement motherboard however now Windows fails to activate due to it being on another device.

I never logged into a microsoft account. During activation I simply put in the license key, but now what do I do?

I cannot get the old motherboard to work as its completely dead. How would I remove it from that board then as it wasn't associated with a microsoft account or anything.

Thoughts on what to do!?!?!

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB/CD << you need latest version to do this

install win 10, when you reach page asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install
Once on the desktop, go to settings/update & security/activation
on bottom of page should be contact details to contact Microsoft. If you have to licence key from before, have it handy. Explain what happened and they should reactivate current PC for you.