Generic Non PNP Monitor problem!

Leer89

Prominent
Feb 14, 2017
Hi,
So a background to my issue!

I have a MSI Geforce Gtx1070, running windows 10, a dual monitor set up, one BenqXL2411Z @ 1080p 144hz and one Viewsonic VA2246 @ 1080p 60hz, these were working fine until the other day when no signal was detected on the Benq.

At first i thought it was the DVI-D output on the 1070 that was the problem, as when i plug in a hdmi-hdmi cable the signal is detected and the monitor works fine just @60hz.
So I decided to buy a displayport - DVI cable, now again when i plug this in the monitor recieves no signal, or it turns on but shows as generic non pnp, with a native res of 1024/720. So i believe this is a refresh rate issue now.. the things i have tried so far :

Changing cables
Remounting Graphics card
Using all ports on the graphics card / different outputs - 60hz HDMI-HDMI cable the monitor works fine + a 60hz HDMI-DVI cable also works fine just when i use a DVI-DVI or a DP-DVI capable of 144hz no signal is detected
Updated GFX BIOS
Reset CMOS
Updated GFX Driver
Rolled back GFX Driver
Searched for driver updates for the generic non pnp monitor when it shows
uninstalled the driver for the generic non pnp monitor
turned off and unplugged all cables in the monitor for 5 mins

Help please!

Did you try disabling multi monitor support in windows? Then set up multi monitor support again. Windows 10 has issues in these areas due to they are working on multi gpu changes in just about every update. MS is trying to take over the SLI and crossfire programing market. Basically if MS nails this it give them a big blanket of coverage against competing OS versions.

Leer89

Prominent
Feb 14, 2017

Yes, both monitors work fine on their own, or even together at 60hz, as soon as i use a cable that can allow the benq to get to 144hz it becomes a generic non pnp monitor!