Looking for 4K TV for gaming with 144hz refresh rate 1ms response

Status
Not open for further replies.

desibouy

Honorable
Apr 9, 2016
Hi,

Does anyone know of such a TV? I want to set my Computer up, My PS4, a Sky+ Box and an Android Box (Nvidia Shield).

Thanks

Solution
Plasma is extremely different technology and doesn't refresh like LED and OLED tvs. 600hz is a theoretical.

Anyway as mentioned the TV you want does not exist. If you want 1ms response you need to go with a monitor. There are no TVs or monitors that run 144hz in 4k, NONE. Right now you're limited to 60hz both through HDMI and even DP because the screen can't do it.

Some manufacturers have just demoed monitors that are capable of 144hz, but again you'd also need the most serious of serious hardware to even drive a AAA title at 144hz at 4k. Again there are NO TV's that can do this or the 1ms response time, TVs use cheaper screens which is why the larger sizes are affordable, they don't need that fast response time.

As a side...

desibouy

Honorable
Apr 9, 2016

My Plasma is 1080p and is 600Hz. I can't seem to find the response time for it though, it's like 8 years old.
How about a 4K which has 1ms response? I really don't understand the gimmick.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Plasma is extremely different technology and doesn't refresh like LED and OLED tvs. 600hz is a theoretical.

Anyway as mentioned the TV you want does not exist. If you want 1ms response you need to go with a monitor. There are no TVs or monitors that run 144hz in 4k, NONE. Right now you're limited to 60hz both through HDMI and even DP because the screen can't do it.

Some manufacturers have just demoed monitors that are capable of 144hz, but again you'd also need the most serious of serious hardware to even drive a AAA title at 144hz at 4k. Again there are NO TV's that can do this or the 1ms response time, TVs use cheaper screens which is why the larger sizes are affordable, they don't need that fast response time.

As a side note please do not dig up 2 year old posts and respond to them as well asking your question.

Solution

ibjeepr

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2012
Best TV I found about a year ago only does 60hz. Response time is hard to pin down because there is a difference between how tv's list it and how monitors do. I.E. a tv that says 30 actually is lower than that but I don't know all the workings. I found this website was very helpful for finding a tv and even how to set it. Rtings.com. Also keep in mind both the TV and the video card need to support HDMI 2.0.

L0stChild

Reputable
Mar 8, 2016
Well first off. 60hz is pretty much what is available.
Secondly.. if anything, you would be looking at progressive steps... 75,100,120hz and not jumping right to 144hz out of the blue =)
Third.. TV's wont have 1ms response time because only TN platform is capable of that. Maybe OLED in tv's would be the future but they have huge price tags.
even then.. theres still the input lag that needs to be addressed.

I do really hope they come out with 50'+gaming tv's

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

This question was answered 3 months ago, and raising resolution to "5k" with VSR is going to give you a slide show, 99.9% of gaming systems can't touch that resolution.

Stick to current threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.