Linksys Repeater Hardware and Bandwidth Issues

Basboos

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017
I've recently bought a Linksys repeater Model RE6700 for the sake of establishing a reliable internet connection in the second floor of my house. It was boosting the Wi-Fi of my fiber optic router's bandwidth just fine going from approx 9-11 MB/sec while the main router itself varied in that same bandwidth.

A few days ago, one of my family members bumped with the repeater located a little above halfway between the ceiling and the floor and dropped it, and since then, bandwidth reception became very unstable. There's also a rattling noise but I can't determine the source. I did look into this matter before posting this and heard it could be the antenna's fault this is occurring and should replace it, however I'm not sure this is applicable to my case specifically.

I'm hoping somebody could estimate the problem along with any solutions here as I am not intending to buy a whole new repeater to replace this one, especially since it costs 182$.

I'"m not sure how you expect anyone here to help you specifically as they can not take a look at it. Since performance dropped after the item hit the floor its a pretty safe guess that you have damaged it! you could try pulling it apart and see if something has come loose.