How to completely remove Win 10 log in screen?

Mouldread

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
Hello guys and gals,

the SSD with Windows 10 on it died and I had to make a fresh Windows 10 installation.

I always put my PC to "sleep" when I go away and want to be able to get straight into Windows as soon as I "wake up" my computer. On my old installation I had removed the need to enter a password etc. and there was no login screen after waking up the PC. With this fresh installation of Windows 10 I simpy can't figure out how to remove that annoying login screen.

I went into account options and disabled the need to enter a user name and a password, then restarted my PC but I still get the annoying login screen every time I wake up the computer.

x2nhus.jpg

I then looked into the lock screen options but there is only a choice between "Windows Spotlight, Pictures and Slideshow" - the thing is - I don't want ANY of those.

so61du.jpg

All I want to be able to do is to go straight into Windows when computer wakes up, that's all.

Please help!

Solution
windows xp 7 and 8 used to have an empty field to get in, if you set windows 10 to not use a Microsoft account or login you can enter a name and ENTER as password and it will do what it use to do just boot into desktop, but I only seen this choice (do not use Microsoft account) when you install it at bottom of page when it asked you for login email

Colif

Win 11 Master
This worked for me :-

Start button
Click on account name (top of box)
Click on "change account settings"
Left side : "sign in options"
Required sign in " Never"

So what happens for those people if they go to same location this way:
Press Winkey + R to open Run dialog
Type control userpasswords2 then click OK
Remove the check as they normally would then enter the password twice as they normally would

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/disable-login-screen-netplwiz-did-not-work.8028/