Strange green pixels appearing on one monitor (dual screen setup)

samcp21

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
Hello,

I have a dual monitor set up using a BenQ GW2470H and an Acer AL1916 (using the VGA port, its a pretty old monitor).

I've noticed today that whilst playing games/watching youtube videos, there's these frequently appearing green pixels around certain shapes/objects, the pixels aren't extremely noticeable like they typically are when a graphics card is dying. This only occurs on the BenQ monitor, if I watch the same video on the Acer monitor it's fine.

I've tried changing the HDMI port (not the cable yet) but that didn't seem to do anything, I've also updated graphics drivers (I'm using a GTX 750 TI) but again that didn't solve the problem.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? I'm doubtful it's the graphics card itself since there's no issues on the 2nd monitor.

Solution
If you had the BenQ monitor connected via DVI, later HDMI, try the VGA connection.. Both DVI and HDMI are digital so both may be affected but VGA is analog and this sort of monitor damage can affect either digital or analog but not both. I have an old AvidAV monitor that has the same type of damage in VGA only... connected via digital it works perfectly.

Other causes can be:
1. The video cable is not properly fitted
2. The screen refresh rate, try changing it to a lower or higher refresh rate... whichever works (or not)
If you had the BenQ monitor connected via DVI, later HDMI, try the VGA connection.. Both DVI and HDMI are digital so both may be affected but VGA is analog and this sort of monitor damage can affect either digital or analog but not both. I have an old AvidAV monitor that has the same type of damage in VGA only... connected via digital it works perfectly.

Other causes can be:
1. The video cable is not properly fitted
2. The screen refresh rate, try changing it to a lower or higher refresh rate... whichever works (or not)

Solution