Screen's right half is scrambled pink lines on resolutions higher than 1920x1080. #Woke up like this.

Stephen_140

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
This morning when I turned on my PC I got through the BIOS and Post screens fine, but as soon as windows started up, the right half of my screen glitched out (random pink and green horizontal line segments all over).

I just got the 4k TV I'm using for a display a few days ago. My old GTX 750 displayed in 3840x2160 just fine, but was struggling to keep up in a few programs, so yesterday I installed a GTX 1060. It worked great through several power cycles and reboots last night. But this morning when I powered on was when I started experiencing this problem.

Steps taken so far:
1) Removed 1060, reboot and used integrated graphics to remove nvidia drivers and software. Integrated graphics display fine but only go to 1920x1080. Reinstalled 1060 and fresh install of drivers -same problem.
2) Tried other HDMI ports on the TV and other HDMI cables, all result in same problem.
3) Tried another display, but it only goes to 1080 horizontal which is fine. Problem only occurs in resolutions with 2160 horizontal.
4)Switched back to my GTX750 on the 4k display, and it now has the same problem.

Based on that, it must just be a problem with the TV right?