Windows 10 CPU usage problem

John216

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
Hi

I've built my first computer a week ago, and today I opened the Task Manager to check something, and I noticed that there were like six task which I'm kinda worried about.

They are called "vgtuApp_VisCrypto_1.01" and they are from Windows. Each one is occuping like 8-12 percent of my cpu usage (i7 6700k, is that helps) and I'm a little worried, mainly because my CPU is at 70-80 percent constantly. I know they are unlikely to cause any harm since they are from Windows, but should I end them or just let them be? Are they going to end after a while or something like that?

If someone could give me some advise or tell me what I should do, I would be really thankful.

Thanks!

P.D: I googled this and I found something server-related so I think it may be important to point the fact that I'm downloading some Windows Updates. Also, sorry for bad english, it's not my first language.

Solution
Download Process explorer and run it as admin (it comes from Microsoft so its safe)

The default view is tree structure (clicking on the header marked Process switches between its views) meaning like your task manager screen, it will show what processes are under each service, but it also shows the path that each service is running from. This might tell you what they part of.

This page shows what all the colours and headings mean, link at bottom of it shows how to use it to find problems. You can right click processes and run an av scan from within the program.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Download Process explorer and run it as admin (it comes from Microsoft so its safe)

The default view is tree structure (clicking on the header marked Process switches between its views) meaning like your task manager screen, it will show what processes are under each service, but it also shows the path that each service is running from. This might tell you what they part of.

This page shows what all the colours and headings mean, link at bottom of it shows how to use it to find problems. You can right click processes and run an av scan from within the program.

Solution