Why does my microphone keep adjusting itself?

DoctorDrambus

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
I have tried everything in this thread, and most others I've found. My microphone continues to mute itself every 5-30 seconds or so and the volume drops to zero. I watched it a few times, sometimes it goes to around 40 to 50 percent then drops again to zero. I am so incredibly frustrated and am at a complete loss. I have a BRAND NEW pair of Astro A40 TR and this computer is only a little over a month old. I have mincraft, spotify, xbox, astro, skype, just the normal gamer pc apps on here. I've looked through everything and done everything that I've seen suggested it seems. Someone please help me, this is so ridiculous....

TheWhiteOwl23

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
I recently had a very similar issue when I purchased a new headset myself, unfortunately the problem might actually be the wiring in the headset which was my problem, My headset would constantly mute itself every few seconds and then unmute itself. the microphone worked for about 5 minutes then stopped completely.

My suggestion is to check the cables all over and make sure they aren't the cause, otherwise I am unsure sorry.

DoctorDrambus

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017

How would I even go about checking the wiring? I don't have another compatible headset, I guess I could write the manufacturer and hopefully they may send me some kind of replacement. Thanks so much this is the only different suggestion I haven't tried!