Blue Screen Loop (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR)

ryjinx

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015
Hi all,

I normally try to solve issues myself but I'm at my wits end with a "new" build.

Backstory: I decided to move my rig into a Micro case and everything was working fine when I got everything up and installed (2/13)

Parts:
CPU: i7-6700k (no overclocking)
CPU COOLER: 212+ EVO
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME Z270m-PLUS Motherboard
MEMORY: 4x 8GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4-2400
PSU: EVGA 850w Gold
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0
SSD: Crucial 525 GB HDD: 3TB Western Digital

I started fresh with the storage and did a new windows install on the SSD and formatted the hard drive.

Everything loaded fine, I installed WIN10 through USB, came up fine, got my drivers set up for my motherboard with no issues. Updated graphics drivers, installed League of Legends and Overwatch. I was even able to play them that night. It worked going into tuesday fine, played some games after work, then worked again wednesday no issues.

Temps were fine, bios read mobo around 30-32 and CPU hovering at 29, 35-40ish under load,

Issue arose when I came back home yesterday, turned on my PC, then it booted to a blue screen after the BIOS

"WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR"

No matter what I tried to do with BIOS (Resetting to default in settings, reseating the CMOS, reinstalling Windows) it just boots up and eventually gets to this screen and now I'm at the point where my attempts to boot actually blue screen at/right after the BIOS post, even attempting to get into the BIOS settings my computer locks up at the ASUS BIOS settings screen.

From reading previous posts on the board about this errorr it points to my CPU needing to be replaced/RMA'd, my problem with that is this is my 2nd 6700k after a previous RMA through Intel. If anyone else has gone through this, am I basically SOL and need to buy another processor?