System Restore Fail PLEASE HELPPPPP

NathanGwyn

Reputable
Nov 21, 2016
Okay, a while back I tried to use system restore and it popd up that it failed. Saying AppxStaging
in WindowsApps.... Okay so this irritated me to death so I used Windows Start fresh, which I did a clean install of windows keeping my Files. All programs/drivers back to default.... I tried using sytem restore after the windows install and it worked!!!!!!! The next day i start installing stuff. I updated AMD GPU rx480, I installed Realtek drivers, and chrome. Then i tried to install Norton and it said it failed to install, so I used system restore to get rid of the junk files it left..... And system restore FAILED again... I know I dont need this function to work, but I mean i want the option to be available ,....

Colif

Win 11 Master
system restore is being phased out. You will have noticed how hard it is to find in win 10 now and that is on purpose. while its good for rolling back after driver updates, and windows updates, its not as reliable as before and doesn't run in back ground every day unless you set it up.

if you want to try to fix it, you can try this:
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
then once its finished, copy/paste this command into same window - needs to be exact:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter & restart PC

SFC cleans and fixes system files, DISM cleans & fixes the files that SFC uses to compare the files, so if SFC had files it couldn't fix 1st time, re run it and restart PC

NathanGwyn

Reputable
Nov 21, 2016
Good answer. I just reinstalled windows again. I don't understand how it messed up so soon after my first reinstall... but anyways, it just irriates me. This is a new build, and it was quite expensive, so I want everything to work you know? If it messes up again, i'll try your help. Hope it helps.... I just wanyt to know exactly what it is messing up..... I hate being clueless.... I wonder if it has something to do with a corrupted file... Why does it always list it under windowsapps.... ?

NathanGwyn

Reputable
Nov 21, 2016
i do need to do that.

I have another issue.

I tried to create a system image using windows. It failed... I got this message

There was a failure in preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the backup set. (0x807800C5)

Additionql Information:
The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request (0x800703E3)