Laptop won't boot after attempted formatting

Kevin_255

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017
Hello.
Not sure if this is the right place to put this thread, i'm sorry if it is not.

So my bit-over-2-year old laptop started to freeze a lot when working on it. One of two things would happen.
Either the screen would just freeze, where i'm not able to move my mouse, the keyboard won't respond, and I can't mute the volume or turn off the WiFi using the keyboard buttons.
Or the same thing would happen, but the screen would turn black.

After restarting it at home, I made a backup of the important files. This is while the laptop was charging, and I was able to get my backup complete. After that I used the build in windows 10 option of formatting my laptop, deleting all the files but not cleaning the disk.

As it was preparing to do that, I unplugged the laptop and brought it to another table, so I could use my desktop computer while it was formatting. Unfortunately, during the transition from my desk to my table, the laptop crashed again and I had to shut it off by "choking it".

Now when I attempt to turn on the laptop, the WiFi light and the indicator light on the side of the laptop would turn on, but nothing else would happen. It sounds like it is attempting to boot(by the little click sound coming from the laptop when its booting), but is unable to.
I have tried turning the laptop on without the battery, and just the charger. That didn't work.
I have tired it without the charger and just the battery, same result.
I have tried doing a "hard reset" by taking out the battery and charger and holding down the power button. After inserting the battery and charger, it is still not able to boot.

What could be the problems here, and how could I go about fixing it?
Hope you have a great day.

-Kevin

Kevin_255

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017

That doesn't sound good. I'm glad I got to make a backup before it died.
Thanks for the answer. I'll see if it's easier for me to get a new hard drive, or if I have to invest in a new laptop.

Hope you have a great day.