Newly built desktop, LED debugging lights (on CPU & Memory) MSI B150 motar and not posting

dominicho14

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Recently my cousin bought his desktop (the parts came and he decided to just build it together) but was having problems with it, therefore leaving it to me and my brother and father (since we have more experience on it) to see and try to fix. We tried to turn it on and no luck which led us to finding out that my cousin actually screwed the motherboard stand offs onto the motherboard which the motherboard was losing power due to touching the case. This led us onto screwing the case stand off correctly and putting the whole system together, that worked and had the gpu, cpu, fans, motherboard lights on yet no matter what connector we use to hook it up to the monitor. The system wouldn't post.Since than we have now tried different diagnostic with it that my uncle recommenced (he had built a lot more pc than any of us). We installed a speaker to connect to the motherboard but nothing, no beeps. yet the cpu and ram lights flashes on the debugging place. We also tried removing and installing the cpu once again and still nothing. Furthermore trying to boot it with one ram (as shown in the manual saying to connect it to the second slot) and tried his dual channel, one ram at a time and still no post.

The whole computer (I know is compatible) but the specs are
Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
MSI B150M MORTAR Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
SK hynix SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Sapphire Radeon RX 480 4GB NITRO+ 4G Video Card
NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Does anyone have any suggestions to the newly built computer also sorry for my English it isn't my first language

I also posted this on reddit to see if I can get a solution to the problem

dominicho14

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016

There are three long beeps (pretty sure is saying that no ram) without any memory inserted.

dominicho14

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016

Never mind. It still has the flashing of the cpu and Ram

dominicho14

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016

Yes, I've tried them. it's still not working unfortunately I'm thinking he would need to purchase a new motherboard, I tried his gpu, ram to make sure nothing was broken and it worked on my system so I'm more than positive it's his Motherboard.