New Build, No Display, No post beeps

Exile649

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017
Hello ladies and gents!

So, I just recently completed throwing together my build (my first one in years, so I'm a bit rusty).
I was so excited to power it up and get it running, low and behold! It didn't work! Initially there was an issue with the original PSU I had in the system not being powerful enough (which I've already corrected). However, now that the PC stays on for more than .5 seconds, I have no display, my keyboard and mouse aren't lighting up, nor am I getting any beeps for a post!

I have tried switching the monitor from the graphics card to the onboard video to see if that does anything, but unfortunately, that was a no go!

Specs:
MOBO: MSI z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU: Intel I-7 6700k
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
RAM: GeIL EVO X 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB
HDD: WD Black 1TB 7200 RPM
Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 DirectX 12 GeForce GTX 1070 Quick Silver
Case: Thermaltake Chaser Series Chaser MK-I
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 (I actually used to this replace a EVGA Supernova 750 G2, since my first big issue was the PSU I had before that one.)

Both the 750 and 1000 seem to work fine in comparison, so that leads me to believe it's an issue elsewhere. Any advice would be helpful!

Exile649

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017

So, I did this.

When I removed all of the RAM, the board replied with three long beeps. Which indicated to insert one stick in DIMM2. I tested with one of the sticks, which was causing the system to actually short out! I switched to the other stick of RAM, and I was finally getting power running to my keyboard and mouse, with no beeps from the speaker! (Not much of an improvement, but still a small victory!). However, there is still no signal running to the display. I tried running the display both off of the onboard and the graphics card.

I will be ordering new RAM as this was obviously a major issue.

So, seeing as I still have no display, what's the next step?

Correction! I have a display! It works!

Anybody want to recommend some RAM?

Exile649

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017

I finally got some video running! So, I'm suspecting just the RAM at this point. I made the mistake of choosing a brand I know nothing about.

:eek2: I was NOT expecting that. Congrats.

You can select from https://www.gskill.com/en/configurator?manu=55&chip=2484&model=2503