Computer doesn't boot up windows 10! Stuck on a screen forever

FireClocks

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017
This morning i saw this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-6SPG55nYnc after doing everything that person did i restarted my pc and then disaster happened... I won't even get to the sign in screen, it gets stuck at the motherboard screen gigabyte or sometimes it goes black other times is shows the windows icon and also says pls wait but it always gets stuck forever, some help would be great. I think the thing that probably messed up the system was putting it to boot with all the cores insted on 1 which was the way it was before.

Solution
it might have been cause you had wireless mouse/keyboard that it didn't work for us. GL with the fix :)

Best way to do it is make one change at a time, and make sure it doesn't effect anything before changing anything else. You did a bunch at once and it must have tripped something up. The changes made in game should be safe enough.

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you install park control? i read warning in video saying not to. Not sure about game booster

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB << its just a bout disc

try running start up repair
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

see if you can get into safe mode:
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options << sometimes this menu isn't here which is a pain.
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

If it boots to safe mode, you might want to set boot to normal again instead of using all cores as that can mess up start as it loads processes out of sequence
right click start
choose run...
type msconfig
go to boot tab
click advanced options
untick number of cores used at boot

rest of programs looked fairly safe, though ccleaner can clean files your PC needs, regardless of his warnings.

FireClocks

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017

Thx for the reply! I did installed park control! Just didn't undersstand very well the part where you said "change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer" do i do that from the repair menu if it shows up or its before that somewhere? Hdd second i dunno what is means! Ty so much anyways i'm gonna start by the media creation to thing seem ez to do

Colif

Win 11 Master
"change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer"

when your PC boots up, it loads the BIOS which then loads windows, what I was asking you to do is go into BIOS and change the boot order so that it checks for the USB or DVD drive before looking for the HDD, as by default it won't look at the USB or DVD

what Gigabyte motherboard do you have?

FireClocks

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017

AMD Athlon F2A55M-HD2? i already have the flash drive with the media tool here, but when i trun it on nothing seems to happen, i have another problem which is i can only click on things for like 3 sec after the gigabyte screen apeard so im having a hard time trying to set the usb to load before the hard drive. Cuz i dunno where the option is! Theres also a thing called boot menu i saw the flash drive name there too, i hited enter but a black screen, do you k where the option for boot order is?

Colif

Win 11 Master
is this a revision 3? (there is a rev 1, rev 1.2 & rev 3, they different motherboards)

need to look in manual to see if you need to turn anything else off to boot off the USB. MIght be something called fast boot, I won't guess till i can look at manual.

FireClocks

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017

Its a rev 3.0! Also tried to boot the flashdrive from the boot menu f12 and it opened a screen saying "press any key to boot usb" but then it freezzed again i think cuz clicking wouldn't do nothing

Colif

Win 11 Master
doesn't keyboard work in that menu? should be able to use space bar to boot from there.

You were really trusting making changes to PC based off a YouTube video. I am not sure if the msconfig change has any effect on the BIOS, I will have to ask a 2nd opinion on that.

FireClocks

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017

The keyboard works but only for like 4 seconds after the gogabyte screen apears. Besides the cores thing and park control the video semmed to be pretty standard, also people in the comment where saying it worked fine so i give it a shot, something like this never happened before to me before thats why i has so irresponsible and tried it out... I didn't realized such bad things could hapen. Would puting another ram stick into it help? Cuz i removed the one i have to clean it and noticed that theres space there for another one, snd my brother has the exact same pc has i

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is the keyboard/mouse attached to USB 2 slots? i would use them if you have them - though win 10 should recognise USB 3. I can't see anything in bios that would explain why they don't work. If you go to the BIOS features tab in bios it lets you set up the boot priority.

I guess I learned early on that windows can break really easy if you mess with it, and Win 10 is much better than the old versions, its harder to mess up. I don't make changes based on videos unless i understand what it does, or referred there from a site I trust.

FireClocks

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse that use only one usb slot! I have sended the pc to a shop where they fix them, hopefully it i will get back in shape son and they will not charge me much. Thx for all the help i apreciate it a lot and i have learned my lesson, not gonna do any changes to my pc again without having sure its safe thx

Colif

Win 11 Master
it might have been cause you had wireless mouse/keyboard that it didn't work for us. GL with the fix :)

Best way to do it is make one change at a time, and make sure it doesn't effect anything before changing anything else. You did a bunch at once and it must have tripped something up. The changes made in game should be safe enough.

Solution

FireClocks

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017

Dude if it turns out that i just had to change to a wired keyboard to finally fixed it on my own and now i gotta pay for it its gonna be so stupid xp, but yeah your right, thx for the advice!

TRENDING THREADS