old tech2 new

kin176

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
ok here's a doosey for you. I am on benefits(old and very unwell) and I have a toshiba laptop Tecra A1-10? and a Samsung S III and S III mini phone on tesco. I have Sky broadband so have wireless router. That's about all I can afford!!!
My problem is that this old Toshiba (bought cheap when my Acer died) has no webcam. I want to record videos...sight and sound...to upload to facebook or send to friends to look at. How can I connect my phone's rear camera. I take it because they are both on my sky router they are in the same network?
The IP Camera software on my phone gave me a http://192.168. number to open on my laptop which said it didn't recognise. I'd seriously like to sort this as my phone's camera is too small to look at when recording so I am hoping that my laptop will give me more options about being able to see what I am recording...i.e. it will be a larger screen. Any thoughts anyone...I realize I am trying to connect old tech 2 sorta new tech(my phone which I believe might only be 3g only?) so I really need some people who might haven some ideas for me to try. Thanks in advance. Oh and I'm asking for a discussion cause I thyink I might learn a lot more but if anyone has a solution...please go ahead :D

kin176

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017

kin176

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017

kin176

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
Thanks the paladin for answering. VERY much appreciated. Believe it or not I was asking because I want to record a song I wrote about my recently dead partner. I take it it's probably easier to just use my pohone? I also have access to a Samsung S6.

kin176

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017

kin176

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
OK thanks...I'll just get on with experimenting on my phone. Nice to know I can copy it via usb! :)