Back half audio setup Q

jwcrellin

Reputable
I just picked up a DUAL amp that can do 4/3 channels at 1200 watts max 600 rms. The rear parcel shelf in my sedan already had 2 6x8 4ohm aftermarket speakers(200max) in it when I bought it. I bought a pair of kenwood 6x9 4ohm speakers(300max) and i'm thinking of wiring 2 of each in series for the 2 "front" channels. This will to cut the power going to each speaker to 75-80 rms because of the now 8 ohm resistance per channel. 4 speakers firing into the cabin should be nice. That should leave me 600 watts max on the bridged rear channels to install a sub at 2 ohms.
Let me know if my thinking about setting this 3 Chanel setup is wrong.

jwcrellin

Reputable
Or, under the deck, I could wire 2 speakers in series, other 2 in series, then those in parallel to the amp. That would get all 4 speakers running a 4 ohm load on 1 channel.
Would there be a problem running the 2 ohm load for the sub on the other channel?

jwcrellin

Reputable
So.. I got a kicker 1100 watt rms certified mono amp to power the 12. I'm using the 4 channel to power my 6 interior speakers. The 2 fronts are 4 ohm load and the 6x8's paralleled with the 6x9's in the rear pulling a 2 ohm load. I can't turn my volume up past 10 now(max 35) without hurting my ears. lol