BAD_POOL_HEADER on startup after power outage

Chromiumed

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
I've had a horrible experience building my own computer... BSODs, freezing, and 2 faulty GPUs in a row from the start... and now this. I was playing CS:GO on my computer, and mid game, my power went out for about 3 hours. An hour after the power came back on, I turned on my computer and about 15 seconds after the lockscreen came up, I got a BSOD with the error: BAD_POOL_HEADER. It did this 3 times in a row then restarted into recovery. From the recovery I just restarted again and it did the same thing. Then, I started changing a few BIOS settings; the main ones were disabling Windows 7 installation, and enabling Windows 8.1/10 WHQL Support. Then one of the strangest things about this happened; when I restarted it after BIOS setting changes, I had a MSI Gaming Series splash screen on boot! This was extremely strange considering that I have the CSM_B150_PRO_VDH, which is DEFINITELY NOT a Gaming Series board. On this boot, it finally didn't BSOD and I accessed the desktop just fine. Then I thought "Hey, why don't I try my (faulty) GPU in my PC, maybe those BIOS changes fixed it!". So I turned it off, put in the GPU, rebooted fine, and saw that it didn't fix anything, so I took it back out. After turning it back on, I got the BSODs on start again! So I cleared my CMOS by taking the battery out and shorting the pins together. I started my computer again, and it still BSODed, so I tinkered with the BIOS settings again, and startup failed again. After the next reboot, it started fine, and that's where I am now. I'm have no idea what to do, I'm trying to avoid Windows reinstall, but I will if I have to. The MSI Gaming Series splashscreen makes me kinda lean towards something with the board, but I know this error is usually HDD or RAM failing. I'm about to test the HDD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: It might be worth noting that the BSOD only showed up twice in BlueScreenView and ntoskrnl.exe crashed. Also it had the bug check code: 0x19

EDIT 2: Minidumps can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufbks33lipvxckt/Dumps.zip

Solution
Uninstall ramdrive then. Flash memory writer may have something to do with updating the bios or something

Dont know I've never built an MSI mobo. If MSI liveupdate is installed uninstall it

Chromiumed

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016

Here are the minidumps, there are actually 11 dmp files from this error, but 9 of them are 0kb, so I only included the two that actually had any data.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufbks33lipvxckt/Dumps.zip

My OneDrive is full right now (10GB over actually), so I just uploaded to Dropbox.

Also, when you say biff it, you mean RMA it right? Just got the new card a week ago (I RMAed the 1st one).

This amifldrv64.sys maybe causing it Flash Memory Writer utility. This file is also 6 yrs old

This file is 7 yrs old ElcMouUFlt.sys. ELECOM USB Mouse Driver. Either update it or remove it

This file NTIOLib_X64.sys is 5 yrs old. MSI Afterburner I think. Looks like there's 2 versions installed

Uninstall both.. Do you need MSI ramdrive?

Chromiumed

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016

I don't have MSI Afterburner installed, but I do have MSI MOBO so it could be some other MSI program. I have no clue what Flash Memory Writer utility is. I don't need MSI ramdrive.

EDIT: Looks like Flash Memory Writer utility is related to the BIOS flashing. About a day before the power outage, Live Update 6 prompted for an update, and I let it do so. Live Update can flash BIOS from Windows, so it very well could be Live Update 6 causing this. Also, Live Update 6 runs on startup, so that could be why it happens so suddenly on lockscreen. I'm going to delete Live Update 6, hopefully this fixes it.

Chromiumed

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016

Yeah, I just updated the last comment that I made, I think that it's most likely Live Update 6.

TRENDING THREADS