BSOD restart loop

nxjl18

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
My computer crashed recently with a BSOD and ever since then it wont boot. It is stuck on a cycle where BIOS loads just fine but once it goes into boot manager or disk boot it BSOD again and reboots. I tried booting from a USB with windows and it goes so far as to load the windows logo, but then it BSOD again and reboots. I am at a loss.

System specs:
Intel i5
geforce 1060
gigabyte gaming 7
windows 10

Any help appreciated

nxjl18

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017

It changes everytime. Goes from kernel exception one, to random sys files to process died....etc.

Ill run memtest and report back. How many passes do you need? Or does it stop by itself?
I should mention the RAM is brand new

I have tried:
-Booting from a USB Windows (Loads the windows logo then BSOD)
-Letting it do automatic repair (BSOD)
-Letting it do disk check (BSOD)
-Running it with different RAM sticks (BSOD)
-Running it without the 1060 (BSOD)
-Clearing BIOS settings (BSOD)

nxjl18

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017

Was able to run memtest86+, and for two passes it came up with zero errors on both of them.

nxjl18

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017

All hardware is brand new.
Even running it from USB with just a stick of ram and the CPU causes a BSOD. I think it might be a faulty mobo?

Trying to boot from windows installation usb leads to the windows logo showing up followed by a system thread exception not handled

BSOD list when booting:
-system thread exception not handled
-kmode exception not handled
-process1 initialization failed

Update: Trying to boot ubuntu from a usb leads to the same results. Just an error screen.

http://imgur.com/a/pGg2l

Which i5 and which gigabyte board is it?

Bent CPU socket pins?
Temperature in bios of the CPU?
8 pin atx12v power connector plugged in and not just 4 pins?
Motherboard is mounted correctly inside the case with spacers on the correct positions?

Try another USB flash drive