Windows 10 new install won't boot up on restarts

Canuck19

Prominent
Feb 14, 2017
I installed W10 home on my new SSD friday, it worked fine. Next day it got stuck on the Samsung screen. This would be the first time since the install that I have restarted it. Used boot disk to troubleshoot, no luck, then since all of my files were already backed up Injust re-installed it. It worked fine all night, and then same thing today....even going back to a restore point would not work. Eventually I am not sure what worked, but it started.

Just now restarted in preparation for AOMEI to change my partitions (Windows automatically made half my drive unallocated, which defeats the purpose of going to a larger SSD), and once again, it will not boot. Back to the troubleshooting, but seriously, what the heck is wrong! This is ridiculous, I do not have time for this every day!
Any help appreciated. I even CHKDSKed it in my troubkeshooting yesterday. And it takes long to get to the troubkeshooting menu, too, several minutes!

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you have 2 drives in PC when you installed onto ssd? win 10 likes to share its boot sectors around if you do have 2 drives or more attached when you install. Best way to avoid this is only have ssd in PC when you install.

Can you share a screen shot of your disk management screen?

Canuck19

Prominent
Feb 14, 2017

Canuck19

Prominent
Feb 14, 2017
Sorry for my delay in responding. I ended up taking it to my neighborhood computer guru, he is working on it. It is a laptop with just the SSD in it. What he is speculating is because it is a Samsung and does not have an option to install/boot from a USB (Tricky tricky Samsung....why make it easy to upgrade, that doesn't sell computers!) I had installed it from the DVD downloaded from the same source (Microsoft). Should work, right? Well, as it was a NEW SSD that I had had no success cloning the old HHD and Windows 8 OS to, I did a clean install by DVD.

I don't inderstand why, but apparently Microsoft, despite offering the option of burning the iso file to a bootalble DVD, they don't allow it to properly install from DVD....avoiding pirating??? Anyway, it works fine until you shut it down for whatever reason, then won't reboot. Really makes no sense to me...If I have a proper Key (which I have) it should work fine. It's beyond my noob ken.

Thanks for trying to help, though!