Asus Monitor not displaying or being detected.

theo09

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
I bought this monitor to be hooked up to my pc only about a month ago and have already had this happen three times. The first two times I solved it by messing around with it for a bit but this time I can't figure it out. I woke up this morning and the monitor wasn't working even though I was using it last night before I went to sleep and it was working perfectly.

Here's what I have tried:
-Upgrading Drivers (Windows claims they are up to date)
-Restarting Multiple Times (This fixed this problem the second time it happened but not this time)
-Unplugging it and Replugging it in (I did this many times)
-NVIDIA Control Panel (Couldn't find a display option)

The cable I have hooked up is a Displayport to Displayport if that helps to know. I don't think Windows is detecting the monitor even though when I right click desktop >> Display Settings and see a small 2 there which I assume represents the monitor. However, when I click identify, it says it doesn't detect any extra display. I also uninstalled the monitor from Device Manager >> Monitors which I am now thinking was a bad idea. I am out of ideas. This was literally working like 11 hours ago so I hope someone can help me out.

UPDATE: Windows detects the monitor. It still won't display however.

Solution
It sounds like you have the windows taskbar displayed?

Make sure you Set your system to only use 1 monitor, (the primary) in Nvidia control panel. No other monitors or displays should be active or connected.

Set your system up to NOT use fast boot, this will allow more time for hardware to initialize and handshake. Make sure to turn your monitor on 1st, then the computer.

In case of file corruption it may help to disable the hibernation file , sleep states, and clear all your prefetched stuff so you start with a clean system boot each time.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics driver with clean install option may help as well. Select ONLY those parts you need in advanced install (do NOT use express install) and install JUST...

theo09

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
I tried going into the Windows Mobility Control and it says the monitor is connected. I also did thee Windows Key + P and clicked Extend These Displays. Nothing is working. I need help.

It sounds like you have the windows taskbar displayed?

Make sure you Set your system to only use 1 monitor, (the primary) in Nvidia control panel. No other monitors or displays should be active or connected.

Set your system up to NOT use fast boot, this will allow more time for hardware to initialize and handshake. Make sure to turn your monitor on 1st, then the computer.

In case of file corruption it may help to disable the hibernation file , sleep states, and clear all your prefetched stuff so you start with a clean system boot each time.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics driver with clean install option may help as well. Select ONLY those parts you need in advanced install (do NOT use express install) and install JUST the graphics driver, PhysX, and the HD sound (if you need that from your card). Make sure 3d Vision items and GeForce Experience NOT checked.

Solution