Reset back to factory mode

Cecilie_1

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
i have done the "Reset this PC" but i only get this "Windows has a problem resetting your computer: no changes has been made". what can i do to reset my PC

P.S i don't have any code/key for windows, but i just want my PC totally wiped clean, i have already made a backup, so i don't care about what is on the PC.

Solution
is Win 10 activated now? If it is, the PC should be after this anyway.

Download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

After a broken reset, I would suggest a fresh install
change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and...

Colif

Win 11 Master
is Win 10 activated now? If it is, the PC should be after this anyway.

Download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

After a broken reset, I would suggest a fresh install
change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Solution