Very Slow Starup

nickcj12

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
So my PC startup for the last couple months has been really slow and it's not booting my computer to my desktop, its just my desktop that takes a really long time to load completely, its so slow in fact that i timed it and it came out to 6:52. Now i understand hard drives are not as fast as a ssd but i mean this is ridiculous. After i greeted with the welcome screen my desktop will appear with nothing loaded, sometimes the my background and taskbar will be seen but the taskbar is not fully loaded and there are no programs on my desktop, all i get is the spinning blue circle for like i said before 6:52, i sometimes don't even get that, it just be the theme color of my windows which is blue and i gotta wait for my complete desktop to load, and this can sometimes happen on the welcome screen or sometimes the welcome screen takes forever to take me to my desktop and will have the white dots spin for what it feels like a century. I honestly don't know why my startup is so slow, I disable mostly my programs that run on startup besides this called owning and one thing called program. I deleted all of my temporary files, used disk cleaner, used ccleaner, and defragged my C: drive and its still very slow, I don't know what else to do besides reinstalling windows, i don't know if it could be my hard drive failing but if that was the case then files will start being corrupt, i don't know and after my computer is finsh loading complete it perfectly fine so I don't shut it down cause when i turn it back on i need to wait again. So i just want to know if there are options i could try or something that could help me cause this is ridiculous. Thanks

Computer Specs
CPU - AMD FX(tm) - 6300 Six-Core Processor
GPU - AMD RX 470 gaming x 4gb by MSI
Ram Installed - 8gb
Hard Drives- 2 1 terabyte one by western digital and one by segate
Motherboard - Gigabyte 970A-D3P

Solution

I admit that your symptoms don't seem to be power delivery related, but I was just putting that out there in case you run into this at a later date. I would not recommend pairing that board with an 8-core model if you...

nickcj12

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016

Are you sure? I got this build from the internet as a mid ranged PC and like I said, it was running fine until late December i started experiencing the slow down, and yes i cleaned up the startup objects and uninstalled programs that are no long of use to me

I admit that your symptoms don't seem to be power delivery related, but I was just putting that out there in case you run into this at a later date. I would not recommend pairing that board with an 8-core model if you ever do a CPU upgrade in the future.

Solution