Re-placing parts for newer in old Atom net top

nano81

Reputable
Feb 21, 2017
So I got my moms an old computer, the Asus Ee box EB1501U. It is old and terribly slow, even after replacing the hdd on ssd and increase the RAM to 4GB.

The processor is a bottleneck, 1.6 intel atom, Asus did not provide the option in the BIOS for overclocking and overclocking software available on windows or linux does not detect the chipset. (chipset error) and even if it was working I could get tops 1.9 stable.

As I like the casing, a small, slim and compact, I would like to replace all the computers parts inside and make from it nice slim fast machine for everyday tasks like web browsing , you tube etc. (can't do it now, without waiting 30 sec up to minute after I click on something)

What in my eyes is the advantage is also a technical problem, small dimensions. I do not know whether it is possible to buy A reasonably modern motherboard and adjust to the housing with processor (flat version with "T" letter?) , integrated graphics card, of course. I would like to at
the same time preserve the functionality dvd rom.

Does anyone have experience with a similar procedure? is it possible ?

Here is specs:

https://www.cnet.com/products/asus-eee-box-eb1501u-atom-330-1-6-ghz-monitor-none-series/specs/

Kavinqt

Distinguished
It seems to be impossible to keep the case, as you will not be able to get a different CPU and motherboard in that, I just don't see it happening. Honestly, I'd recommend just buying like a $30-50 mini itx case, a mini itx motherboard and a decent i3/i5 for it that would work perfectly fine for web browsing and streaming video etc. If you even go for an i5, you could get a budget GPU down the line and do some gaming if that is interesting to you. Overall though I really wish you luck on finding a way to keep that case :p

USAFRet

Titan
This thing, in this case?
3B6a7lK.png

Not a chance you can reuse that, [strike]without some MAJOR mods to it[/strike].

nano81

Reputable
Feb 21, 2017
Hi guys

Thanks for reply, I guess you're right - I will ebay it and buy something that causes less trouble , I think it would be possible to fit some nano itx and make nice ultra slim pc but I don't have money for that now.

Thanks for interest anyway :)