Which psu is good for 1300w rms amp

Solution

Yeah that would work, but only to an extent.
If you put the volume higher than the power supply can provide the amp will just cut out. No harm to your audio components, but running a PSU at 100% load is a good way to kill it early. Again, not a big deal if you keep the volume down and look at the PSU as "disposable". It could die with a bang and spark - but if you're present then there is little risk for fire or anything like that....

You gotta keep in mind that a typical car alternator pushes out 100...

Yeah that would work, but only to an extent.
If you put the volume higher than the power supply can provide the amp will just cut out. No harm to your audio components, but running a PSU at 100% load is a good way to kill it early. Again, not a big deal if you keep the volume down and look at the PSU as "disposable". It could die with a bang and spark - but if you're present then there is little risk for fire or anything like that....

You gotta keep in mind that a typical car alternator pushes out 100 amps or more. So a car amplifier gets damn near 100 amps and with everything running it would be like 13v at 100 amps which is roughly 1300 watts.

A 100 amp 12v powersupply is both outrageously expensive and unrealistic. You know how in cars with systems - you can rarely listen to it at full volume without massive distortion? PLUS no one puts their amplifiers to 100%. So really a typical car amplifier, even if it is rated for 1000+ watts, will rarely ever come close to that.

Solution

Yeah totally. With that kind of power i would imagine you'd be able to max out just about any component / bookshelf / floor speaker set without a problem. If you're powering subs i would imagine this could keep a couple 12s going without a problem. I would even wager that you'd be able to get a full theatre set up powered off of it, depending on the speakers and volume. Usually subwoofers for home use have the amp and PSU built in.

It certainly wont be quiet!