Is there any version of windows 10 that I can install on my Microsoft Surface 2

Garon_7

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
Hi, please...please...please...I am begging you help me out! Someone has bought me a surface 2 with an windows 8.1 RT and ARM processor as a gift, the problem is as you may guess I can't install anything on it because of the unique system it has, so basicly it is kind of useless! I searched the internet on how may I can upgrade it to windows 10 to get rid of all those ridiculous restrictions that windows rt brings, I asked the technical stores they said it was possible and they told me the cost of a installing a new windows on my surface 2 it something around $120! apart from the price of the original windows, this price is really high for me I can't afford it, all I want to know is if even its possible to install win 10 on it or not? if yes is there a way to do it myself? How? please help me out. many thanks in advance.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

There was/is no Win 10 upgrade for the ARM RT Surface devices.
No upgrade, no clean install....it simply does not run on those ARM devices.

There may be a change to that, with 'future' Qualcomm Snapdragon based devices, but that does nothing for existing RT devices.
http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/7/13866936/microsoft-windows-10-arm-desktop-apps-support-qualcomm

Solution

TRENDING THREADS