Looking at a GPU upgrade for my system

MrAntony2you

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
So i've noticed when it's come to benchmarking my system the GTX 660 is kind of holding it back oddly as shown in my Fire Strike test here
I've got a budget of $200 (NZD) and a mate has offered his Asus Turbo GTX 960 4GB for that price, otherwise i'm looking at a GTX 1050Ti which is about the same performance but ranging in the price range from $200 for a single fan model to $250 for the Asus STRIX Edition, what does everyone reckon i should go for, will be getting a z97 mobo within the next couple of weeks as well so suggestions for that would be welcome as well.

Cheers

First off, I wouldn't buy an expensive 1050 Ti unless there was a specific reason you needed to buy it. A single fan model would be fine. Next, there's no way I'd pay the equivalent of a new 1050 Ti for a used 960, even if it's the 4gb model. Thank your friend for the offer and get the 1050 Ti. If your friend likes haggling, you might offer him the 660 and some money for the 960. Unless you had some use for the 660 or were going to sell it, it's just dead weight to you.

MrAntony2you

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
Fare call, their 960 has only been used for a year, i've had a chance of using it back when i had an i3-4130 for about a couple of weeks, what sucks how GPU's in the second hand market in New Zealand is people wanting $200 for their GTX 950's and R7 200 series graphics cards making it a hard decision on what to buy when it comes to previous generation cards. what's ridiculous is people wanting $350 to $400 for a GTX 970 and i know for sure i'd go for a GTX 1060 instead, but on the topic of the GTX 660, i'll be keeping it and using it as a Physx card for a while then consider building a budget intel 3rd gen build with it