Desktop GPU Performance Hierarchy Table (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutfij

Titan
I think there's something with the link for the RX480's pricing since it shows up as 1USD... :/

I like how the new chart reflects the pricing of concurrent GPU's and how they stack up in terms of price to performance ratio. Good work! ;)

The difference in price for the GTX1070 and GTX980ti is shocking.
however the difference in price for the GTX1060 and GTX780ti is really crazy taking in consideration their performance.
So why are those old graphics cards costing so much nowadays ?

FritzEiv

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
We listen. Much discussion ensues. We evolve. Thanks for voicing your opinions. (I will see if I can't get that 480 to show up right, pricing wise. We have a bit more work to do on getting all the pricing in there.)

Jasminh86

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
Intel HD 530 should be way lower. It's on my i5 6600K and I tried it while I waited for new GPU to arrive. Old games that recommend graphics cards from LOWER tiers than HD 530 are almost unplayable on it. I had Radeon 5830 which is one tier above it and I could play skyrim, mass effect 1,2 on it 60 fps. With HD530 you can cheer when you get half as much. That result should NOT be 1 tier difference in my oppinion

tel___

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
?Nintendo Switch = 1 TFLOP.
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xbox One = 1.3 TFLOPS.
Xbox Project Scorpio = 6 TFLOPS.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nvidia TITAN X Pascal
11 TFLOPS.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Pascal
9 TFLOPS.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Pascal
6.5 TFLOPS.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Pascal 6GB
4.5 TFLOPS.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Pascal 3GB
4 TFLOPS.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Pascal 4GB
2 TFLOPS.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Pascal 2GB
1.8 TFLOPS.
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
oculus rift
minimum requirements = Nvidia GTX 960 = 2.3 TFLOPS.
Recommended requirements = Nvidia GTX 970 = 3.5 TFLOPS.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AMD Radeon RX 480
5 TFLOPS.
AMD Radeon RX 470
3.8 TFLOPS.
AMD Radeon RX 460
2 TFLOPS.

JacFlasche

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
I just wish I knew why my 980TI still cost more new than a 1080?
I read that the 980TI will overclock higher than a 1080 but that can't be the reason.
Anybody have a clue?
How about this I can buy two 980Tis for $400 would this be more powerful than a single 1080TI for all games or just some, or maybe none? anyone?

John_fishyy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
WOW, this is so false, so so false, so youre telling me a gtx 690 beats out a gtx 780 and gtx 780 ti, gtx 1060, and a gtx 970!!!! theres something wrong there, there is a lot wrong with this list, the gtx 690 is such a shit card compared to nowa days, and youre prices are WACKED, a 690 does not cost 1000, on amazon yes, because they are trying to not loose capitol on what they already paid for. Go to ebay a GTX 690 costs $250, and not only on eBay, EVERYWHERE is around $250. So youre saying a GTX 690 costs MORE THAN A GTX 1080 TI, are you stupid. The GTX 780 Ti is wacked too, go to ebay, and to everywhere, they are worth maybe $175, you can get a GTX 980 ti for $290, so youre telling me a GTX 780 ti is worth more than a GTX 980 ti and same price as a 1080 ti, use your freaking head.

HTPCenthusiast

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
Great list - in would be interesting to see where more of the newer onboard Intel and AMD graphics offerings sit on this list - eg. Intel HD Graphics 630 which from memory is standard on most if not all the kaby lake processors.

Co BIY

Splendid
I'd like to see Tom's review the integrated graphics the same way they review the review stand alone cards. I understand there would be technical challenges but I bet they could figure it out.

JacFlasche

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
I Have been treated extremely well by MSI when a card failed due to no fault of theirs. The turn around was very fast, less then a work week, and they replaced a damaged card with one that was significantly faster. Wow, I even wrote back to the RMA dept. telling them they had won major brand loyalty points with me. They were absolutely better than I expected in every way, and I expect a lot. Just thought I would share something positive about an OEM for a change.

japz

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
Gamers beware: driver optimization for older generation nVidia cards sucks. So the current series (which is now the 10**) will perform way better than the older series (9**, 7**) because nVidia always optimizes the current series and some people even suggest that they downgrade the older series in driver updates, to make the current series look better.

sensys

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016
Oh Tom, again with the lists.

Two questions:

(1) Is this *kind* of list useful?
(2) Is *this* list useful?

The answers are 'yes' and 'no'.

Grouping graphics cards into tiers containing cards that perform within ~10% of each other and give an equivalent gaming experience would let buyers compare different graphics cards' price-to-performance value.

That kind of list would be useful.

This list isn't that kind of list.

This list groups the GTX 1080 with the 1080 Ti and the Titan X Pascal. The 1080 benches ~20% behind the other two. More importantly it doesn't give an equivalent gaming experience. 60fps at 4K Ultra is doable with the 1080 Ti or Titan X Pascal. It's not with the 1080. Grouping these three together is silly.

This list splits the GTX 1060 and 980. The former is a tier below the latter. These cards bench within a few percent of each other and give essentially the same gameplay experience. If anything, the 1060 is more often ahead, so it's silly to split them.

This list doesn't help anyone. Either you're already a savvy buyer and you don't need it. Or you're a naive buyer (which is fine!) and you'll be misled by it.

My advice about Tom's recent CPU list (https://goo.gl/vfC5H7) also applies here: don't use any list as a substitute for thinking, and especially not this list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS